Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Outfit #41: Black and Blue

I seem to be resorting to colour cliches a lot when coming up with titles for my blog posts. This is probably why i'm sitting blogging from my living room and not working for Vogue.

I am undecided about pencil skirts. Actually, I am not really undecided about pencil skirts, i don't particularly like wearing them. They are almost as uncomfortable as trousers, and have similar fit issues due to them needing to fit both waist and hips. I find them fussy, as I am always pulling them down or trying to get them to sit right or whatever. They do work better with certain kinds of tops; I love this jumper but I find it difficult to wear so the pencil skirt was a good solution. And a pencil-skirt silhouette does have a certain grown-up sophistication that cannot be achieved with any other style of skirt. Sometimes I do wonder whether it's worth it bothering with them.

Jumper: Club Monaco
Skirt: Club Monaco



1 comment: