Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Outfit #21: Spring Layers

The weather in Toronto was trying to be spring today. There was some sunshine, and the temperature was definitely above zero all day, so I decided it was a good idea for venturing out into the world for some shopping.

For my first excursion i thought i would check out a couple of Goodwill locations, Runnymede and St Clair, and said Clair and Bathurst. The Value Village at Bloor and Lansdowne tends to be my go to thrift store in Toronto, mostly due to it's convenient location, but i had some things to donate, and i'd rather donate to Goodwill since it's not for profit. The Goodwill locations also had the advantage of providing me with a good destination for a bike ride. I would say they were worth the trip, although  neither is as big as Value Village I did pick up a few things, and Goodwill is definitely less expensive than Value Village. They have also started sizing their clothes (finally!) which makes them easier to shop in than they used to be.  My favourite thrift store ever is the one in London, ON though. I would LOVE to hear any recommendations for other thrift store locations worth checking out in the city!!

Later in the afternoon I went for a walk to check out a lovely new Vintage shop called Monarch Vintage. It's on the south side of Bloor Street just west of Ossington. I got two really pretty blouses and there were many other tempting items, and the owner was friendly and helpful. I will definitely be going back for more lovely things.

Hat: Somewhere in Manchester?
Blazer: Flashback in Kensington Market
Scarf: Chinatown

Cardigan: Marilyn Moore
Grey Jumper: Club Monaco
Belt: Value Village
Dress: Goodwill




No comments:

Post a Comment