Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Outfit #31: To the rescue!

I have a deep affection for this dress, as I feel that i saved it from a sad and untimely demise. A few years ago I was doing some alterations for a woman that owns a vintage store here in Toronto. This lovely, amazing dress was in a bin of things to be shotened, and i absolutely could not do it. I suppose i can see why it would have made it more saleable (not everyone shares my appreciation for a demure midi-legnth dress) but it seemed such a shame to cut off  the fantastic graphic pattern at the bottom. So, i sacrificed a large portion of what i would have made on that bin of alterations in exchange for the dress.

I have this terrible fear that one day there will be no more good vintage left and consequently nothing left for me to wear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment